Run Home to Crochet

Run Home to Crochet

Monday 31 August 2015

* birthday time snippets *

Hello there - this week is all about running, crochet and birthday time


On the 17th September 2011 an 8 year old lad called Alex started parkrunning on Saturday mornings at 9 am with his family at Medina Isle of Wight.  A week later on the 24th September 2011 myself, my husband and a friend of ours also started parkrunning at Medina.  After about 10 weeks of us both starting A and I met during our 5k run.  Since that time we have become good friends. We meet up every week for our run.  We chat the whole time and put the world to rights and sometimes other people run with us - sometimes it is just us two running together amongst the 100 plus runners.  I have done 175 parkruns and A has done 158.  Mostly we do them at our home run and sometimes we do them on the mainland if we are on holiday.

 
Our home location of Medina is in a state of repair after the Isle of Wight pop festival was held there back in June and we are moving back there next weekend on 5th September and meanwhile we had to re-locate to Appley where this beautiful tower is situated
 
 
We run along the top sea wall past the tower out to Puckpool and back along the bottom sea wall and then we do another lap making it a 5k run
 
*    *    *    *    *    *
 A celebrated his 12th birthday last week and was on holiday with his family in France so his present was made and sent with them for his surprise on the morning of his birthday.
 

 


 
 
All these are made and then things start to take shape and become recognisable
 
 
Is it a hat?
 
 
Is it an eye?
 
 
Is it a hat with an eye?
 
 
Is it a hat with an eye, a smile and arms?
 
 
No it's not a hat - it' starting to look like a minion!
 
 
and here he is finished - Stuart the Minion
Stuart is thirteen and a half inches tall and measures fifteen and a half inches round
 
My friend Sarah who absolutely loves "minions" has been poorly and rushed in and out of hospitals several times over the last couple of months, so I thought I would make her a mini Stuart to send her
 
 
here is mini Stuart
 
 
Here they both are - Stuart and mini Stuart
 
 
Mini Stuart tucked up in his hospital bed because Sarah is in hospital again!!
 
*    *    *    *    *    *
 
My friend Coral also celebrated her birthday this week
 
 
 
a little bag for her crochet instead of a carrier bag and her very own scissors
 
 

 
a pom pom to glue on a magnet to make a little jar topper
 
Happy birthday Alex and Coral and get well soon Sarah!!
 
 
Our Saturday morning photographer Peter snapped these swans flying over our course
 
What a beautiful sight
 
See you next week Alex for some running and a lot of holiday catching up chatting!!
 
thanks for popping by
 
Xx Joy Xx
 
PS
 
nothing happened on these this week
 
 
I made a jellyfish
 
 
I have to make 126 of these for my harmony blanket all different colours
 
 
14 different colours done up to three rounds with another three to go
I had best get on with these this week then!!
 
ttfn xx

9 comments:

  1. I'm amazed that you have time to run with all the crafting! Loving your photos and projects as usual! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Christine - I take my crochet to and from running with me!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. love mini stu and stuart very cool :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah I love them and will be doing more xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog by seeing your profile pic on instagram. Just thought I'd say hello as I've crocheted and knitted for a few years but have only discovered parkrun in the past couple of months. It's an hours drive away but worth it still for me a newbie runner, my three boys and my long runner husband. Nice to see someone with similar interests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Faith - thank you for popping by and leaving a comment. Parkrun is the best and I often think what did I do at 9 am on Saturday mornings before finding it - all our family do it. Enjoy your running Joy xx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete